23 June 2008

Forts of Fancy

I am playing catch-up from end of our trip to Oregon. Thursday we went to Fort Clatsop and Fort Stevens. Fort Clatsop is where the Lewis and Clark expedition stayed for the winter among the Clatsop Native Americans. Fort Stevens was used during WWII. It was really cool. Some of the buildings made me feel like I was in a 007 video game.

Fort Clatsop.

Zach gets comfy in the captain's quarters.

The canoe landing.

"A rowing we will go..."

Interesting specimen.

The beach at Fort Stevens.

This ship wrecked on the beach long, long ago. It was left there and all that remains is the iron or steel (?) hull.



The local fauna.

Fort Stevens.

Zach was too busy goofing around so I had to take my own picture.





Clatsop Native American Longhouse.

Looks like I have a thing for tall guys. Outside the Bigfoot Cafe in Seaside. (This one is for Lydia.)

Big foot, big...

1 comment:

Georgette said...

Looks like you had a great time!!